We are in our second week or our series “Habits of Jesus,” and we are discussing how Jesus is the perfect example of how to live. Even Jesus had habits—things he did regularly.
In this second lesson, we talked about Jesus’ foundation of God’s word even from a young age. Later in this series, students will also explore Jesus’ habits of giving, serving, and withdrawing. During this time most of us have some extra time and we want to encourage to use this time to grow closer to Jesus by following how he lived.
Jesus studied the Bible, asked lots of questions, and found his identity in God. As a result te Bible tells us in Luke 2:52, “And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and with people.” And through Jesus’ example, we see that having our foundation on God and his word is so important.
This week, talk with your teenager about the lesson and share what prayer has meant in your own life. Consider starting with these questions:
- When do you read your Bible? Are there better times than others?
- What do you when you pray? Journal? Write Questions, observations? ETC?
- How have you seen Jesus speak to you through the Bible?
Activity: Read one of the passages (or any passage you would like) and ask the following Questions:
Understanding the Bible:
1. What do we learn about God?
2. What do we learn about people?
3. What do we learn about relating to God?
4. What do we learn about relating to others?
Applying the Bible:
1. What does God want me to understand?
2. What does God want me to believe?
3. What does God want me to desire?
4. What does God want me to do?
“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.”
“Jesus answered, ‘The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength””
“And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”
There are also more questions in the description of the YouTube live stream from youth group.
Thank you for supporting your teenager and continuing the discussion on our habits. Have a great week! We love you, and are here for you!