Our small group Bible studies and Sunday morning groups are a vital part of the life of our church. These studies take place throughout the year and at a variety of locations in people’s homes or at the church. Each study is based on the Word and encourages an atmosphere of prayerfulness and mutual care within the group.
SUNDAY 9:15 AM GROUPS
Preschool through Grade 2 – God’s character is trustworthy; therefore, His promises are true and reliable. “Faithful to All His Promises” is a Sunday School curriculum for children on the promises and character of God.
Grade 3 through Grade 5 – “In the Beginning….Jesus” – The Bible reveals God’s redemptive purposes with their fulfillment in the work of Jesus. In the Beginning…Jesus reveals God’s redemptive plan chronologically through the Bible.
Middle School (Grades 6-8) – Pastor Stephen will lead students through “Relationship Is Evangelism” in the Youth Room.
Adult Bible Fellowship class–The Book of Judges – The book of Judges cracks a window into depths of the human soul. Watch a nation struggle with its identity and relationship to its God. Heroes and heroines arise, who seem to have the potential to save Israel. But in the end, each proves to be a broken savior that cannot deliver. We will be using a video-based study – pastor and author J.D. Greear will lead us into the book of Judges to shine a light onto the muddy waters of human rebellion. The stories and truths within are not just archaic tales with no relevance for us today. The study works through each chapter unpacking the truth of God’s grace in the midst of human wickedness, and shows how only the divine can redeem the fallen.
SMALL GROUPS FOR MEN & WOMEN
- Sunday evening, 6-8 pm, hosted by Larry & Heidi Hinman at their home at 311 E. 5th St. in Atlantic.
- Sunday evening, 6-8 pm, hosted by Emerson & Joyce Link at their home at 402 W. 22nd St. in Atlantic. This is a 9-week video Bible study titled “Prayer, Fasting, and the Pursuit of God”, taught by David Platt. Contact Emerson or Joyce if interested.
- Sunday evening, 6:30 pm, hosted by Dick & Cindy Nichols at 1403 Ash St. in Atlantic. Will continue working through the TRUTH PROJECT, which is a video series produced by Focus on the Family.
- Sunday evening, 7 pm, hosted by the Baxley’s at their home, 604 E. 21st St. in Atlantic. This group is geared toward 20 and 30 somethings, but all are welcome. Great time of fun, fellowship, and studying God’s word. We will be covering Pastor Don’s sermons. If childcare is a concern or you have any other questions, talk to Pastor Stephen or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday afternoon, 2:00 pm, Hosted by Shirley Ferguson at church. “Defined” by Kendrick Brothers.
- Wednesday evening, 6-7:30 pm, hosted by Ayla Peppmeier and Angie Johnson. Will read through the book, not study, of “Experiencing God” by Blackaby. Each week we will discuss our “homework” chapters, how what we’ve read has strengthened us in our personal relationship with and taught us more about who God is. If interested, please contact Ayla at 712-789-1413 or Angie at 712-249-6775, to order books for group. Meeting in “green” room at 2208 Chestnut St.
- Wednesday evening, 6:30 pm, Hosted by Linda Nichols at her home at 61228 Oxford Rd., Atlantic. “Better” study of the book of Hebrews by Jen Wilkin.
- Thursday morning, 11:00 am, hosted online on Zoom by Buffy Barrs. This study can also be done individually. “A 30-Day Walk With God” by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. Starts June 11.
- Thursday evening, 6:30 – 8:30 pm, hosted by Jan Myers at the church. “Psalm 23 – The Shepherd With Me” by Jennifer Rothschild. Starts June 11.
- Friday morning, 9:00 am, Studying a book called “Respectable Sins” by Jerry Bridges. The group meets at Carol Dimig’s home at 800 W. 29th St. in Atlantic. Contact Donna at 249-9767 or Carol at 254-1018 for more information.
- Tuesday morning, 6:30 am, Hosted by Chad Williams at his home outside of Atlantic. This group is working through “Leading Across Cultures” by James Plueddemann.
- Tuesday morning, 7:15 am, hosted by Dick Nichols at Bob Drogo’s home at 1403 Ash St. This group works through a book of the Bible at a time.
- Wednesday evening, 7:15 pm, hosted by Dick Nichols at church in the middle lower level classroom. Aimed at dads with kids at home, but all men are welcome. Studying “31 Principles of Faith” by Charles Stanley.
- Thursday evening, 6:30 pm, hosted by Ron and Turner Russell at their home at 503 E. 14th St. This group will use a video-based study on the book of Nehemiah, with a focus on leadership. If you are interested in joining this group, please contact Ron Russell.
- Saturday morning, 6:30 – 8 am, facilitated by Larry Hinman, meets in Atlantic. This group is currently working through “The Mind of Christ” by T.W. Hunt. Contact Larry at email@example.com if you are interested.