Our small group Bible studies and Sunday morning groups are a vital part of the life of our church. These studies take place throughout the year and at a variety of locations in people’s homes or at the church. Each study is based on the Word and encourages an atmosphere of prayerfulness and mutual care within the group.
SUNDAY 9:15 AM GROUPS
Preschool through Grade 2 – God’s character is trustworthy; therefore, His promises are true and reliable. “Faithful to All His Promises” is a Sunday School curriculum for children on the promises and character of God.
Grade 3 through Grade 5 – “In the Beginning….Jesus” – The Bible reveals God’s redemptive purposes with their fulfillment in the work of Jesus. In the Beginning…Jesus reveals God’s redemptive plan chronologically through the Bible.
Middle School (Grades 6-8) – Pastor Stephen will lead students through “Relationship Is Evangelism” in the Youth Room.
Culture Under Construction: How a Strong Biblical Foundation Enables us to Love our Community. Pastor Don and Laura will be team-teaching this new course on worldview and culture for student and adult learners. We’ll spend a couple weeks laying the foundation for a biblical worldview (after finding out what that even means!), then see how our worldview helps us to understand, engage with, and even influence our culture for the sake of Christ. Interactions with the class will help us determine which cultural issues to specifically look at, but could include topics like work and rest, definition of family, holy sexuality, discrimination, science and evolution, social justice, artistic expression, consumerism, identity, mental health, entertainment and media….and more! Join with the rest of our church family as we learn how to be culture-builders in our homes, workplaces, and communities. Class meets in the auditorium.
SMALL GROUPS FOR MEN & WOMEN
- Sunday evening, 6-8 pm, hosted by Larry & Heidi Hinman at their home at 311 E. 5th St. in Atlantic.
- Sunday evening, 6:30 pm, hosted by Dick & Cindy Nichols at 1403 Ash St. in Atlantic. Will continue working through the TRUTH PROJECT, which is a video series produced by Focus on the Family.
- Sunday evening, 7 pm, hosted by the Baxley’s at their home, 604 E. 21st St. in Atlantic. This group is geared toward 20 and 30 somethings, but all are welcome. Great time of fun, fellowship, and studying God’s word. We will be covering Pastor Don’s sermons. If childcare is a concern or you have any other questions, talk to Pastor Stephen or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesday evening, 7-8:30 pm, hosted by Emerson & Joyce Link at their home at 402 W. 22nd St. in Atlantic. This is an 8-week video Bible study on the book of Isaiah taught by Sandra Richter.
- Wednesday afternoon, 2:00 pm, Hosted by Shirley Ferguson at her home at 800 Chestnut St., #406. Continuing study “Experiencing God” by Henry Blackaby.
- Wednesday afternoon, 3:00 pm, Hosted by Danelle Skartvedt & Treva Turpin at church. Childcare is available. Reading “Experiencing God”. Will start the Overcomer Bible Study when finished with “Experiencing God.” Please contact Danelle if you have questions.
- Wednesday evening, 6 pm, hosted by Peggy Perkins at church. Studying “The Gospel of Mark” by Lisa Harper. Please contact Peggy at 712-592-0604 for more information.
- Wednesday evening, 6-7:30 pm, hosted by Ayla Peppmeier and Angie Johnson. Will read through the book, not study, of “Experiencing God” by Blackaby. Each week we will discuss our “homework” chapters, how what we’ve read has strengthened us in our personal relationship with and taught us more about who God is. If interested, please contact Ayla at 712-789-1413 or Angie at 712-249-6775, to order books for group. Meeting in “green” room at 2208 Chestnut St.
- Wednesday evening, 6:30 pm, Hosted by Linda Nichols at her home at 61228 Oxford Rd., Atlantic. 1 Peter study by Jen Wilkins.
- Thursday, 6:30 pm, hosted by Jan Myers in the church office. Studying “Eternity: 101” by Randy Alcorn. Contact Jan at 249-8615 if you plan to attend.
- Friday morning, 9:00 am, Studying a book called “Respectable Sins” by Jerry Bridges. The group meets at Carol Dimig’s home at 800 W. 29th St. in Atlantic. Contact Donna at 249-9767 or Carol at 254-1018 for more information.
- Tuesday morning, 6:30 am, Hosted by Chad Williams at his home outside of Atlantic. This group is working through “Leading Across Cultures” by James Plueddemann.
- Tuesday morning, 7:15 am, hosted by Dick Nichols at Bob Drogo’s home at 1403 Ash St. This group works through a book of the Bible at a time.
- Wednesday evening, 7:15 pm, hosted by Dick Nichols at church in the lower level classroom. Aimed at dads with kids at home, but all men are welcome. Study to be determined.
- Saturday morning, 6:30 – 8 am, facilitated by Larry Hinman, meets in Atlantic. This group is currently working through “The Mind of Christ” by T.W. Hunt. Contact Larry at email@example.com if you are interested.