Our small group Bible studies and Sunday morning groups are a vital part of the life of our church. These studies take place throughout the year and at a variety of locations in people’s homes or at the church. Each study is based on the Word and encourages an atmosphere of prayerfulness and mutual care within the group.
SUNDAY 9:15 AM GROUPS
The Gospel Project (Genesis) – Pastor Stephen is leading this class, meeting in the large classroom at the far end of the basement. This class will be geared towards younger adults. The Gospel Project, is an ongoing group Bible study resource that helps participants encounter the gospel of Jesus Christ on every page of Scripture. This chronological, Christ-centered Bible study will help you turn the gospel story into a gospel culture and motivate participants to mission at home and around the world. For this winter class, the materials will be In the Beginning, covering Creation and the Fall (Genesis; Job), God Establishes a Covenant People (Genesis), and God Grows His Covenant People (Genesis).
Lies Women Believe And the Truth That Sets Them Free – Meets in the church auditorium – This study is based on a book by Nancy Leigh DeMoss, which exposes some of the areas of deception most commonly believed by women – lies about God, sin, priorities, marriage and family, emotions, and more. The study sheds light on how we can be delivered from bondage and set free in God’s grace.
Lies Men Believe And the Truth that Sets Them Free – Men will have a parallel study, based on the book by Robert Wolgemoth. This study is co-led by Dick Nichols and Paul Iekel – meets in the church office. Like a seasoned angler, our enemy opens his tackle box and selects the lure most likely to attract his intended prey—usually the one that men are least likely to consider harmful. Each lie we bite on causes us to feel pain, lose or injure relationships, and miss out on the abundant life that God wants us to have. This book study exposes the lies that men most commonly believe, and gives insights on how to combat those lies with the truth.
SMALL GROUPS FOR MEN & WOMEN
- Sunday evening, 6:30—8 pm, hosted by Paul & Sheryl Iekel at their home at 56384 Highland Rd., 5 miles west of Atlantic. Breaking for the month of December. Will read The Second Half of Marriage (Facing the Eight Challenges of the Empty-Nest Years) in January. Aimed at early empty—nesters.
- Sunday evening, 7:00 pm, hosted by Dick & Cindy Nichols at 1403 Ash St. in Atlantic. Working through the TRUTH PROJECT, which is a video series produced by Focus on the Family.
- Monday evening, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, hosted by Emerson & Joyce Link at their home at 402 W. 22nd St. They will be facilitating a 6-week video Bible study, “Exploring the Holy Spirit” by David Platt.
- Monday morning, 7:30 am, “Walk and Talk” starting at the west end of Schildberg Quarry, contact Joanne DeArment or Cindy Nichols with questions.
- Monday evening, 7:30 pm, w/7 pm supper, led by Brielle Cerven and Jennie Baxley at Galynn Hoye’s home. Studying Kelly Minter’s “No Other Gods”
- Tuesday morning, 9:30 am, Hosted by Ruth McMillen at church in the upper level classroom. Studying names of God.
- Wednesday afternoon, 2:00 pm, Hosted by Shirley Ferguson at her home at 800 Chestnut St., #406. Studying “Experiencing God” by Clyde V. King & Henry Blackaby.
- Wednesday afternoon, 3:00 pm, Hosted by Amber Larson at church. Childcare is available. Reading “Experiencing God.”
- Wednesday evening, 6:00 pm, Hosted at church. We will work through “Seamless” by Angie Smith. This 7 week study covers the people, places, and promises of the Bible, tying them together into the greater story of Scripture.
- Wednesday evening, 6:30 pm, Hosted by Linda Nichols at her home at 61228 Oxford Rd., Atlantic. This group will be be working through The Gospel of Mark by Francis Chan.
- Thursday evening, 6:00 pm, Hosted by Jan Myers at the church. Studying “The Epic of Eden” by Dr. Sandra Richter. Please contact Jan if you are interested.
- Friday morning, 9:00 am, Studying a book called “Respectable Sins” by Jerry Bridges. The group meets at Carol Dimig’s home at 800 W. 29th St. in Atlantic. Contact Carol for more information at 254-1018.
- Tuesday morning, 6:30 am, Hosted by Chad Williams at his home outside of Atlantic. This group is working through “The Mind of Christ” by T.W. Hunt.
- Tuesday morning, 7:15 am, hosted by Dick Nichols at Dave Highfill’s home. This group works through a book of the Bible at a time.
- Wednesday evening, 7:15 pm, hosted by Dick Nichols at church in the lower level classroom. Studying “Point Man” by Steve Ferrar. Aimed at dads with kids at home.
- Saturday morning, 6:30 am, facilitated by Larry Hinman, meets in Atlantic. This group is currently working through the Book of Acts. Contact Larry at firstname.lastname@example.org for location and more information.