Our small group Bible studies and Sunday morning groups are a vital part of the life of our church. These studies take place throughout the year and at a variety of locations in people’s homes or at the church. Each study is based on the Word and encourages an atmosphere of prayerfulness and mutual care within the group.
SUNDAY 9:30 AM GROUPS
Adult and Youth Sunday School Class – We are working through additional “faith lessons” in video materials from the That the World May Know series. Filmed in Israel and the Middle East where Bible events took place, these lessons weave together historical, cultural, and geographical contexts to provide insights into how people in biblical times understood Jesus’ teaching. Teacher and historian Ray Vander Laan reveals keen insights into the Scripture’s significance for believers today. This material has been gradually produced in 16 volumes, starting in the mid-90’s, and has been very much enjoyed over the years. We plan to cover some of the faith lessons from earlier in the series. – We will continue to offer Sunday School each week for our Preschool-Early Elementary children.
SMALL GROUPS FOR MEN & WOMEN
- None at this time.
- Wednesday evening, 6:30 pm, Hosted by Linda Nichols at her home at 61228 Oxford Rd., Atlantic. Taking a break for the summer.
- Wednesday evening, 6:30-8:30 pm, hosted by Christy Cunningham. Studying “Elijah, Faith and Fire” by Priscilla Shirer. Starts on June 9.
- Thursday morning, 9:00-11:00 am, hosted by Heidi Johnson. Studying “Philippians, Joy in Christ” developed by Heidi. Starts on June 17.
- Thursday morning, 9:00 am, Hosted by Galynn Hoye at her home at 2501 Olive St., Atlantic. Taking a break for the summer.
- Friday morning, 9:00 am, Studying a book called “Respectable Sins” by Jerry Bridges. The group meets at Carol Dimig’s home at 800 W. 29th St. in Atlantic. Contact Donna at 249-9767 or Carol at 254-1018 for more information.
- Tuesday morning, 6:30 am, Hosted by Chad Williams at his home outside of Atlantic. This group is currently going through “Screwtape Letters” by C.S. Lewis.
- Wednesday evening, 7:15 pm, hosted by Dick Nichols at church in the middle lower level classroom. Aimed at dads with kids at home, but all men are welcome. Finishing up “1,2,3 John and Jude” by John MacArthur. Possible summer break- will resume in the fall.
- Thursday evening, 6:30 pm, hosted by Ron Russell at the church. This group will be studying the minor prophets, using study materials by Warren Wiersbe. If you are interested in joining this group, please contact Ron Russell