Our small group Bible studies and Sunday morning groups are a vital part of the life of our church. These studies take place throughout the year and at a variety of locations in people’s homes or at the church. Each study is based on the Word and encourages an atmosphere of prayerfulness and mutual care within the group.
SUNDAY 9:30 AM GROUPS
Unshakable Hope Intergenerational (Grades 4 through Adults) Class and PreK-3rd Sunday School Class Begins Sunday, September 13th at 9:30 AM
We are excited to announce that the Sunday after Labor Day weekend, we will begin a 12 week Sunday morning study, based on materials by Max Lucado, and his book, Unshakable Hope. This study will equip children and adults with the promises God made to his people throughout Scripture. Adults will meet in the auditorium, and will use a short video teaching from Max Lucado each Sunday, followed by group discussion and learning. Young Children (Preschool through Grade 3) will meet together and learn from an aligned children’s curriculum on God’s promises. Children will meet in the “old youth group room” adjacent to the auditorium, and arrangements will be made to allow social distancing.
On October 25, a new ABF will be held in the fellowship hall entitled “Race and the Gospel”. In this five-part series, pastors Bryan Loritts and Matt Chandler use Paul’s words in Ephesians to address race, racism, and injustice. Through teaching and honest dialogues, Bryan and Matt will unpack the hard truths about America’s racial past and present and suggest a pathway forward of healing, justice, and hope for multiethnic harmony in the church.
SMALL GROUPS FOR MEN & WOMEN
- Monday evening, 7:00-9:00 pm, hosted by Emerson & Joyce Link at church. They will be hosting a video study, “Revelation: The Hope of Glory”, taught by David Platt. Starts January 11, 2021, and ends on April 4. If interested, please sign up on the sheet in the Fellowship Hall by January 4 or call 712-254-2385.
- Wednesday afternoon, 2:00 pm, Hosted by Shirley Ferguson at church. “Defined” by Kendrick Brothers.
- Wednesday evening, 6:30 pm, Hosted by Linda Nichols at her home at 61228 Oxford Rd., Atlantic. “Jude-Contending for the Faith in Today’s Culture” study by Jackie Hill-Perry.
- Friday morning, 9:00 am, Studying a book called “Respectable Sins” by Jerry Bridges. The group meets at Carol Dimig’s home at 800 W. 29th St. in Atlantic. Contact Donna at 249-9767 or Carol at 254-1018 for more information.
- Tuesday morning, 6:30 am, Hosted by Chad Williams at his home outside of Atlantic. This group is working through “Leading Across Cultures” by James Plueddemann.
- Wednesday evening, 7:15 pm, hosted by Dick Nichols at church in the middle lower level classroom. Aimed at dads with kids at home, but all men are welcome. Studying “31 Principles of Faith” by Charles Stanley.
- Thursday evening, 6:30 pm, hosted by Ron Russell at his home at 503 E. 14th St. This group will use a video-based study on the book of Nehemiah, with a focus on leadership. If you are interested in joining this group, please contact Ron Russell.
- Saturday morning, 6:30 – 8 am, facilitated by Larry Hinman, meets in Atlantic. This group is currently working through “The Mind of Christ” by T.W. Hunt. Contact Larry at email@example.com if you are interested.