Our small group Bible studies and Sunday morning groups are a vital part of the life of our church. These studies take place throughout the year and at a variety of locations in people’s homes or at the church. Each study is based on the Word and encourages an atmosphere of prayerfulness and mutual care within the group.
SUNDAY 9:15 AM GROUPS
“What Does That Mean?” Untangling Tough Texts in the Bible: Do you ever find yourself scratching your head over things you read in the Bible? Do you wonder, for example, why the patriarchs had multiple wives, or which women actually found the empty tomb, or why there’s a note in your Bible that says John 8:1-11 doesn’t actually belong there? Then join us for this Sunday School class beginning Sunday, February 4 in the auditorium. This class will be taught by Pastor Don, and will run through the spring semester.
Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby, Richard Blackaby and Claude King, has been revised and expanded with more than seventy percent of its material newly written. This Bible study is based on seven Scriptural realities that teach us how to develop a true relationship with the Creator. By understanding how God is working through us even as we try to fathom His ways, we can begin to clearly know and do His will and discover our lives greatly and gracefully changed. Experiencing God is a modern classic that has sold millions of copies worldwide. Jim and Danelle Skartvedt are leading this class, which meets in one of the downstairs Sunday School rooms.
Restarting on February 4th, will be the Immerse Bible Reading Group, facilitated by Laura McLean. This group will meet in the church library, and is built on three core ideas: reading a naturally formatted Bible, reading at length, and having unmediated discussions about it together. By simply reading and then gathering once per week in a “book club” style group, participants will have a place to voice their questions, talk about their concerns, and celebrate God’s word together. The next edition of the Immerse Bible will be used, which will be Joshua through Kings.
SMALL GROUPS FOR MEN & WOMEN
- Sunday evening 6:00 pm, Hosted by Jim Hickman at Larry & Heidi Hinman’s home. They are studying “Not a Fan.” Children are welcome.
- Sunday evening, 6:30 – 8:30 pm, “GriefShare” hosted by Dick & Cindy Nichols at their home.
- Sunday evening, 7:00 pm, Hosted by Joe & Galynn Hoye. Studying Romans.
- Monday evening, 7:00 pm, Hosted by Hal Stevenson. Studying the previous Sunday’s sermon text.
- Tuesday evening, 7:00 pm, hosted & facilitated by Emerson & Joyce Link at their home. They are studying Dr. Sandra Richter’s “The Epic of Eden”.
- Monday evening, 7:30 pm, hosted by Julia Gross at Galynn Hoye’s house. Studying “Discerning the Voice of God” by Priscilla Shirer.
- Tuesday morning, 9:30 am, Hosted by Ruth McMillen at Joyce Link’s house. Working through “Calm My Anxious Heart” by Linda Dillow.
- Wednesday afternoon, 2:00 pm, Hosted by Shirley Ferguson at her home. Studying “1 Peter” by Jen Wilkens.
- Wednesday afternoon, 3:00 pm, Hosted by Amber Larson at church. Childcare is available. “Colossians & Philemon by John McArthur. Runs through end of April, then will break for summer.
- Thursday evening, 6:00 pm, Hosted by Jan Myers at the church. Studying “The Quest” by Beth Moore.
- Friday morning, 9:00 am, Hosted by Pam Russell at Galynn Hoye’s home. Studying Kay Arthur’s “Kings and Prophets.”
- Tuesday morning, 7:15, Hosted by Dick Nichols at the church. This group is studying Romans.
- Tuesday morning, 6:30 am, Hosted by Chad Williams. This group is working through David Platt’s book, “Radical.” New book TBD.
- Wednesday evening, 7:15 pm, Hosted by Dick Nichols. This group is studying the “Every Man a Warrior” material.
- Thursday evening, 6:00 pm, Hosted by Derik Shields in Atlantic. Studying Focus on the Family’s “The Truth Project”. “Walking As Jesus Walked” follows-approx. end of February.
- Friday morning, 7:15 am, Hosted by Hal Stevenson/Emerson Link. Studying video series of “Daniel” by Tommy Nelson.