Our small group Bible studies and Sunday morning groups are a vital part of the life of our church. These studies take place throughout the year and at a variety of locations in people’s homes or at the church. Each study is based on the Word and encourages an atmosphere of prayerfulness and mutual care within the group.
SUNDAY 9:15 AM GROUPS
Adults – The Case for Christmas. Meeting in the auditorium – Lee Strobel investigates the story of Jesus’ birth and reveals how we can know it is true. He examines the Bible’s claim that Jesus was born of a virgin, some of the “puzzles” we find in the Gospel that don’t seem to match up with the historical record, and the great mystery of the incarnation – how Jesus could be both fully God and fully human. Join us for a great time of preparing for Christmas and digging into the amazing account of Jesus’ birth!
Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby, Richard Blackaby and Claude King, has been revised and expanded with more than seventy percent of its material newly written. This Bible study is based on seven Scriptural realities that teach us how to develop a true relationship with the Creator. By understanding how God is working through us even as we try to fathom His ways, we can begin to clearly know and do His will and discover our lives greatly and gracefully changed. Experiencing God is a modern classic that has sold millions of copies worldwide. Jim and Danelle Skartvedt are leading this class, which meets in one of the downstairs Sunday School rooms.
SMALL GROUPS FOR MEN & WOMEN
- Sunday evening, 6:30—8 pm, hosted by Paul & Sheryl Iekel at their home at 56384 Highland Rd., 5 miles west of Atlantic. Breaking for the month of December. Will read The Second Half of Marriage (Facing the Eight Challenges of the Empty-Nest Years) in January. Aimed at early empty—nesters.
- Sunday evening, 7:00 pm, hosted by Dick & Cindy Nichols at Banks & LouAnn Dishmon’s home at 903 Locust St. in Atlantic. This group is studying the identity and mission of Jesus in Matthew 14-17. We are using a study written by Pastor Don that goes with the Sunday sermon each week. This study will run for ten weeks, through mid-November. Aimed at people new to church.
- Sunday evening, 7:00 pm, Hosted by Joe & Galynn Hoye at their home. This group is studying the identity and mission of Jesus in Matthew 14-17. We are using a study written by Pastor Don that goes with the Sunday sermon each week. This study will run for ten weeks, through mid-November.
- Monday morning, 7:30 am, “Walk and Talk” starting at the west end of Schildberg Quarry, contact Joanne DeArment or Cindy Nichols with questions.
- Monday evening, 7:30 pm, w/7 pm supper, led by Brielle Cerven and Jennie Baxley at Galynn Hoye’s home. Studying Kelly Minter’s “No Other Gods”
- Tuesday morning, 9:30 am, Hosted by Ruth McMillen at church in the upper level classroom. Studying names of God. This group will also spend a few minutes each week covering highlights from the sermon-based study prepared by Pastor Don.
- Wednesday afternoon, 2:00 pm, Hosted by Shirley Ferguson at her home at 800 Chestnut St., Apt. 406. Studying “The Epic of Eden” by Dr. Sandra Richter. Starts 9/19.
- Wednesday afternoon, 3:00 pm, Hosted by Amber Larson at church. Childcare is available. Reading “Experiencing God.” This group will also spend a few minutes each week covering highlights from the sermon-based study prepared by Pastor Don.
- Wednesday evening, 6:30 pm, Hosted by Linda Nichols at her home at 61228 Oxford Rd., Atlantic. This group will be studying the identity and mission of Jesus in Matthew 14-17. We will be using a study written by Pastor Don that goes with the Sunday sermon each week. This study will run for ten weeks, through mid-November.
- Thursday evening, 6:00 pm, Hosted by Jan Myers at the church. Studying “The Epic of Eden” by Dr. Sandra Richter. Please contact Jan if you are interested.
- Friday morning, 9:00 am, Studying a book called “Respectable Sins” by Jerry Bridges. The group meets at Carol Dimig’s home at 800 W. 29th St. in Atlantic. Contact Carol for more information at 254-1018.
- Tuesday morning, 6:30 am, Hosted by Chad Williams at his home outside of Atlantic. This group is working through “The Mind of Christ” by T.W. Hunt.
- Wednesday evening during AWANA club time, (6-7:30 pm) hosted by Dick Nichols at church in the lower level classroom. Study TBD, start date 9/26. Aimed at dads with kids at home.
- Saturday morning, 6:30 am, facilitated by Larry Hinman, meets in Atlantic. This group is currently working through the Book of Acts. Contact Larry at firstname.lastname@example.org for location and more information.