Our small group Bible studies and Sunday morning groups are a vital part of the life of our church. These studies take place throughout the year and at a variety of locations in people’s homes or at the church. Each study is based on the Word and encourages an atmosphere of prayerfulness and mutual care within the group.
SUNDAY 9:15 AM GROUPS
Reformation 101 – Join us as we commemorate the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation with a six week “Reformation 101” class. We will be exploring the Five Solas of the Reformation using six video lectures by Dr. Stephen Nichols of Lancaster Bible College. Pastor Don is leading this class, which meets in the auditorium.
Immerse: The Bible Reading Experience – Ready for a challenge? To take your experience of God and His word deeper this fall? Using the Immerse curriculum, each participant will be reading a special edition of the New Living Translation, where the text is organized like a book. Over the course of the semester we will read the entire New Testament and gather together Sunday mornings to talk about what we notice and how it is changing us. Laura McLean is leading this small group, which meets in the church office.
Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby, Richard Blackaby and Claude King, has been revised and expanded with more than seventy percent of its material newly written. This Bible study is based on seven Scriptural realities that teach us how to develop a true relationship with the Creator. By understanding how God is working through us even as we try to fathom His ways, we can begin to clearly know and do His will and discover our lives greatly and gracefully changed. Experiencing God is a modern classic that has sold millions of copies worldwide. Jim and Danelle Skartvedt are leading this class, which meets in one of the downstairs Sunday School rooms.
SMALL GROUPS FOR MEN & WOMEN
- Sunday evening 6:00 pm, Hosted by Jim Hickman at Larry & Heidi Hinman’s home. They are studying “Not a Fan.” Children are welcome.
- Sunday evening, time TBD, “Grief Share” hosted by Dick & Cindy Nichols at their home. This will start in January.
- Sunday evening, 7:00 pm, Hosted by Joe & Galynn Hoye. Studying Romans starting.
- Monday evening, 7:00 pm, Hosted by Hal Stevenson. Studying the previous Sunday’s sermon text.
- Monday evening, 7:00 pm, every other week, hosted by Julia Gross at Galynn Hoye’s house. Studying True Woman 101.
- Tuesday morning, 9:30 am, Hosted by Ruth McMillen at the church. Working through a study in Isaiah.
- Wednesday afternoon, 2:00 pm, Hosted by Shirley Ferguson at her home. “Finding I AM” by Lysa Terkeurst.
- Wednesday afternoon, 3:00 pm, Hosted by Amber Larson at church. Childcare is available. “PROVEN-Where Christ’s Abundance Meets Our Great Need” by Jennie Allen.
- Wednesday evening, 6:30 pm, Hosted by Linda Nichols at her home at 61228 Oxford Rd., Atlantic. Precept Study on the Book of Galatians “Solid Truth for Slippery Times.”
- Thursday evening, 6:00 pm, Hosted by Jan Myers at the church. Studying “War Room.” Please contact Jan if you are interested.
- Friday morning, 9:00 am, Hosted by Pam Russell at Galynn Hoye’s home. Studying Kay Arthur’s “Kings and Prophets.”
- Tuesday morning, 7:15, Hosted by Dick Nichols at the church. This group is studying Romans.
- Tuesday morning, 6:30 am, Hosted by Chad Williams. This group is working through David Platt’s book, “Radical.” New book TBD.
- Wednesday evening, 7:15 pm, Hosted by Dick Nichols. This group is studying the “Every Man a Warrior” material.
- Thursday evening, 6:00 pm, Hosted by Derik Shields in Atlantic. Studying “Jonah: You Can’t Outrun Grace.” Tentatively planning to study Focus on the Family’s “The Truth Project” when done with Jonah.
- Friday morning, 7:15 am, Hosted by Hal Stevenson/Emerson Link. Studying video series of “Daniel” by Tommy Nelson.